Are you looking for a next step to define your career? We are looking for a senior/lead data engineer with strong Azure experience. In this role you can expect a central position in the data-driven landscape of Vion Food Group, an international producer of meat products and plant-based alternatives.
Functie omschrijvingAs a Lead Data Engineer, you will be part of a core team and in the lead of the Data Platform Engineering efforts of the team. Your main challenge is to set the technical standards and best practices, ensure scalability and create an optimal work climate in an Agile setting. You are responsible for realizing data integrations from Vion’s source systems (MES, ERP, Finance) for information provision. Together with the Data Architect and Integration Architect, you will form the technical conscience of the department.
- You are the gatekeeper in enforcing the principles, standards, and guidelines applicable to the work. Vion operates with both on-premise databases and Cloud-based platforms;
- You will translate the technical requirements analyzed and modeled by the Data Architect into the Vion data landscape, enabling the generation of reports, dashboards, and KPI overviews;
- In addition to developing components, you also take care of their management and maintenance;
- You lead a team of 6 x data engineers (both Vion employees and freelance staff);
- You and your team are part of a bigger goal, by collaborating with peers, Architects, Product Owners and other relevant stakeholders you will create awareness, understanding and adoption for the business;
- You will be in the lead to adopt an agile work environment and provide the right guidance and design for the team to succeed.
- You have a Bachelor or Master degree in Computer Science or comparable;
- You have at least 4 years’ experience as a Data Engineer, preferably in an international setting;
- You have strong people skills and the ambition to lead a team;
- You can allocate tasks (based on knowledge and experience) and assist employees in the substantive fulfillment of their work;
- You have experience on the Microsoft Azure platform and have worked with a variety of tools like Azure Data Factory, Azure Synapse, Azure ML and Azure Data Lake Storage;
- A good sense of technical architecture. Logical and structured thinking is one of your strengths;
- Experience in cultivating an Agile work environment is a huge bonus!
Vion is an international top 100 food company with a strong Dutch heritage. Every day, 100 million consumers worldwide consume a meal that includes a bit of Vion. This quantity comes with a great responsibility. At Vion, everyone works diligently every day on the global food challenge: feeding 9 billion people by 2050.
Sharp, Connected and Brave. Those are Vion’s core values. You can expect to be challenged, motivated and coached to get the best out of yourself, every day. This role falls under the Intergration Services Cluster within Global Business Solutions. You will be part of the BI & Data department (14 fte) and report to the BI Team Lead. In this role you will support the manager and coach a team of 6 x Data Engineers. Furthermore, you can expect a diverse and international team.
ArbeidsvoorwaardenEvery day is different in this dynamic sector. You never know what challenges you& 39;ll face the next day! You’ll enjoy a flat organizational structure: communication lines are short, and the atmosphere is open, informal, cooperative, and positive.
- A competitive salary;
- 25 vacation days (including the option to buy 5 more);
- Hybrid working including flexible working arrangements;
- Reimbursement of commuting costs;
- Unlimited access to the Vion Academy with over 600 different training and courses for your personal development and growth;
- Opportunities for external courses for your personal development and growth;
- In addition, Vion offers various attractive employee benefits, such as a bike plan and a collective health insurance.